Twitter Mother’s Day Press Advert Competition Terms and Conditions
We’re giving a number of people the chance to feature their @handles and tweets on our Sainsbury’s Mother’s Day press advert on Saturday 29 March
1. The competition opens on 21 March 2014 and closes at midnight on 27 March 2014.
2. To enter the draw, entrants must tweet a message using #BestMum
3. Winning entrants will be notified on Friday 28 March 2014
4. The winning entrants will have their tweets and @handles included on our Mother’s Day press advert on Saturday 29 March. There are no-runners-up prizes. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
5. The Tweet may not contain libellous, sexually explicit, disparaging or other inappropriate content.
6. No entry may contain unlawful, obscene or objectionable material. Sainsbury’s also reserves the right at any time during the prize draw to remove or disqualify any Tweet when it believes in its sole discretion that the entrant has: (i) infringed any third party’s copyright; (ii) does not comply with these Terms and Conditions; (iii) failed to obtain the necessary consents as set out in these terms and conditions.
7. Employees of Sainsbury’s directly associated with this competition and their immediate families or those living in the same household of each such employee are not eligible to enter this prize draw.
8. The entrant must be the original creator of the Tweet and must have obtained the necessary permissions for the inclusion of copyrighted images (if any) within the Tweet. The Tweet must not infringe the rights of privacy and publicity, copyright, trademarks or intellectual property rights of any person or organisation.
9. If the entrant uses any material or elements in the Tweet which are subject to the rights of a third party, the entrant must obtain prior to submission of the Tweet, the necessary consents from such party to enable Sainsbury’s to use and showcase the Tweet. Such consent(s) shall be at the expense of the entrant. A non-exhaustive list of such material or elements include: name, likeness of any person and/or audio-visual material which the entrant does not own.
10. This prize draw is only open to residents of the United Kingdom. Entrants must be over 16 years of age.
11. By entering this competition, entrants agree that Sainsbury’s may: (i) showcase their Tweets on Sainsbury’s website and any other media in connection with the Prize draw and use their names, likenesses, photographs and/or biographical information (as it appears on Twitter) and Tweets for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
12. The entrant agrees that Sainsbury’s shall not be liable for any claims, costs, liabilities, damages, expenses and losses arising out of (i) Sainsbury’s use of the entrant’s Tweet; (ii) the entrant’s participation in the prize draw; (iii) technical failures of any kind including but not limited to problems or delays arising from software or equipment malfunctions or computer viruses; (iv) any events outside Sainsbury’s reasonable control. Nothing in this clause shall be construed to exclude or limit Sainsbury’s liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or any other liability which by law cannot be excluded or limited.
13. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the Parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
14. The promoter of this competition is Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd, 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT.