You may not be jetting away this bank holiday weekend but you could transform your dining room into a French-style haven with these quick tips. On my blog at Tincture Ltd I’m always on the look-out for fabulous things, so I couldn’t wait to use Sainsbury’s products in this fragrant lavender makeover, which is perfect for entertaining or even as a wedding look.
- Start by choosing lavender-inspired pieces from the Sainsbury’s English Vintage range and lots of lovely lavender.
- Create a floral centrepiece with different-sized lavender bottles and glasses filled with flowers along a table runner.
- Place lavender optic jar tealight holders in the centre of each set of dishes as table settings.
- If you prefer, try making your own floral table setting. Dip white card tags into tea and leave to dry, before writing on your guests’ names. Tie the tags to fresh lavender. Finally, tie the lavender sprigs to folded napkins with purple raffia.
- To evoke a sense of Provençal cuisine, display heritage tomatoes, purple artichokes and French garlic in one of these wire heart baskets or on a text wooden plaque, laid on its side as a board.
- For dessert or as an extra decoration, place the cover of an oh-so-pretty lavender & geranium cloche candle over a cupcake – this is also very practical if you’re eating outside, as it will keep bugs at bay and prevent food drying out.
To create this look, I used: tin heart jug £10; large vintage lavender bottle, £5; medium vintage lavender bottle, £4; small vintage lavender bottle, £3, see instore; wire heart baskets, £15; lavender optic jar tealight holder, £3; text wooden plaque, £12; lavender & geranium cloche candle, £3 Et voilà! All finished. Hope you enjoy your own room re-style projects this weekend.
Win Grand Designs Live tickets!
Has this post left you feeling inspired? Leave a comment below to say what home improvements you’ll be doing this bank holiday weekend and you could be randomly selected by Sainsbury’s to win five tickets to Grand Designs Live, courtesy of BRITA.
If you’d like the chance to be the lucky winner, remember to be quick – you only have this weekend to enter! This prize draw closes on Friday 2 May 2014 at midday.
Please see the terms and conditions